“Eat it, Garth Brooks”? Is that any way to start a story? New York magazine thinks so, because that’s their lead into a little story about how George Strait is thebiggest country artist of the last 25 years. They say it because of a ranking that Billboard did by adding up numbers from the country songs and albums charts from 1985 to 2010. But while Strait and his 44 No. 1 hits did earn the very top spot, Brooks came in a very close second. And in a way, with Brooks holding the title of the top-selling U.S. album artist, with 68.4 million units sold since Nielsen Soundscan started reporting in 1991, comparing his sales to Strait’s ongoing airplay is a little bit of an apple-to-oranges situation. But I think most country fans would agree, there is room for at least two kings.
- You’re everywhere, man. @MorganWallen https://t.co/l002H58UW1 2 hours ago
- RT @JordanCWDavis: Loving y'all's reactions to my new single so we decided to surprise some fans who were dancing in the venue parking lot… 23 hours ago
- Chip FTW! Love a good portmanteau in the morning. twitter.com/CharlesEsten/s… 1 day ago
- @Farcethemusic And I think he kind of sounds like young @TheTimMcGraw. Like on "It Doesn't Get Any Countrier Than T… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- "So who was bad, bad Leroy Brown, Dad?" @JordanCWDavis on the kinds of songs that make you ask the tough questions. cmt.com/news/1807891/w… 1 day ago
- Acceptance Speech Because of You Beer Before He Cheats Beyonce Blake Shelton Brad Paisley Brooks & Dunn Carrie Underwood CMA Fest CMT Music Awards Concert Del McCoury Dierks Bentley Down the Road Drink Dry Town Faith Hill Fifteen Garth Brooks George Strait Gillian Welch Grand Ole Opry Half of My Heart Hillbilly Bone House of Blues iCarly Incident Jamey Johnson Jamie O'Neal Jason Aldean Jennette McCurdy Jerrod Niemann John Mayer Just A Dream Kanye West Keith Urban Kellie Pickler Kelly Clarkson Kenny Chesney Kid Rock Kix Brooks Lady Antebellum Last Name LeAnn Rimes Lover Lover Love Story Luke Bryan Mac McAnally Martina McBride Mike Fisher Mine Miranda Lambert MT Music Awards MTV VMA Not That Far Away Patsy Cline People Country Pride (In the Name of Love) Rascal Flatts Reba McEntire Roman White Sonia Dada So Small T.I. Taylor Swift The Best Days of Your Life The Way You Love Me Tim McGraw Trace Adkins Twitter U2 Urinating in Cups You Don't Treat Me No Good Zac Brown Band