Yes, he smoked. Yes, he made some snide remarks that might’ve been a little inappropriate for a family show. Kid Rock did all those bad-boy things right. But here is why he was the perfect host for the CMT Music Awards. During his 10-second speech at the very end, he said this: “As a music lover, if it looks good you’ll see it. If it sounds good, you’ll hear it. If it’s marketed right, you’ll buy it. But if it’s real, you’ll feel it.” I don’t know if the show’s writers wrote that for him or if he came up with it on his own, but it felt genuine to me. And that’s the power of music and of Kid Rock. He may not be the countriest guy out there, and he wasn’t an obvious choice as host. But you can tell that to him, music is all that matters. And to me, that matters.
- “Backstage” at the @ACMawards one year ago today, chatting with winner @carrieunderwood. #TBT https://t.co/4oBCu6XGSE 1 day ago
- Just watched Palmer on @AppleTV, and IDK where Zac Brown ends and Justin Timberlake begins. https://t.co/WPGQtIVT7Z 1 day ago
- About to interview @DeanaSings and really wish I had this on. @WhiskeyRiff https://t.co/5OHG5SVBQ7 2 days ago
- Country music has never been in better hands than it is right now with these two and this song. @carlypearce… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Remember when we were Fancy Like “let’s just do our interview during our gym workout”? @walkerhayes https://t.co/dP5OeAMK4g 2 days ago
- Acceptance Speech Because of You Beer Before He Cheats Beyonce Blake Shelton Brad Paisley Brooks & Dunn Carrie Underwood CMA Fest CMT Music Awards Concert Del McCoury Dierks Bentley Down the Road Drink Dry Town Faith Hill Fifteen Garth Brooks George Strait Gillian Welch Grand Ole Opry Half of My Heart Hillbilly Bone House of Blues iCarly Incident Jamey Johnson Jamie O'Neal Jason Aldean Jennette McCurdy Jerrod Niemann John Mayer Just A Dream Kanye West Keith Urban Kellie Pickler Kelly Clarkson Kenny Chesney Kid Rock Kix Brooks Lady Antebellum Last Name LeAnn Rimes Lover Lover Love Story Luke Bryan Mac McAnally Martina McBride Mike Fisher Mine Miranda Lambert MT Music Awards MTV VMA Not That Far Away Patsy Cline People Country Pride (In the Name of Love) Rascal Flatts Reba McEntire Roman White Sonia Dada So Small T.I. Taylor Swift The Best Days of Your Life The Way You Love Me Tim McGraw Trace Adkins Twitter U2 Urinating in Cups You Don't Treat Me No Good Zac Brown Band