Yes, he smoked. Yes, he made some snide remarks that might’ve been a little inappropriate for a family show. Kid Rock did all those bad-boy things right. But here is why he was the perfect host for the CMT Music Awards. During his 10-second speech at the very end, he said this: “As a music lover, if it looks good you’ll see it. If it sounds good, you’ll hear it. If it’s marketed right, you’ll buy it. But if it’s real, you’ll feel it.” I don’t know if the show’s writers wrote that for him or if he came up with it on his own, but it felt genuine to me. And that’s the power of music and of Kid Rock. He may not be the countriest guy out there, and he wasn’t an obvious choice as host. But you can tell that to him, music is all that matters. And to me, that matters.
- RT @AshleyMcBryde: A win for one of us is a win for all of us. Let’s try responding other people’s joy with joy instead of cynicism. Eh?… 17 minutes ago
- You’re everywhere, man. @MorganWallen https://t.co/l002H58UW1 3 hours ago
- RT @JordanCWDavis: Loving y'all's reactions to my new single so we decided to surprise some fans who were dancing in the venue parking lot… 23 hours ago
- Chip FTW! Love a good portmanteau in the morning. twitter.com/CharlesEsten/s… 1 day ago
- @Farcethemusic And I think he kind of sounds like young @TheTimMcGraw. Like on "It Doesn't Get Any Countrier Than T… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Acceptance Speech Because of You Beer Before He Cheats Beyonce Blake Shelton Brad Paisley Brooks & Dunn Carrie Underwood CMA Fest CMT Music Awards Concert Del McCoury Dierks Bentley Down the Road Drink Dry Town Faith Hill Fifteen Garth Brooks George Strait Gillian Welch Grand Ole Opry Half of My Heart Hillbilly Bone House of Blues iCarly Incident Jamey Johnson Jamie O'Neal Jason Aldean Jennette McCurdy Jerrod Niemann John Mayer Just A Dream Kanye West Keith Urban Kellie Pickler Kelly Clarkson Kenny Chesney Kid Rock Kix Brooks Lady Antebellum Last Name LeAnn Rimes Lover Lover Love Story Luke Bryan Mac McAnally Martina McBride Mike Fisher Mine Miranda Lambert MT Music Awards MTV VMA Not That Far Away Patsy Cline People Country Pride (In the Name of Love) Rascal Flatts Reba McEntire Roman White Sonia Dada So Small T.I. Taylor Swift The Best Days of Your Life The Way You Love Me Tim McGraw Trace Adkins Twitter U2 Urinating in Cups You Don't Treat Me No Good Zac Brown Band