Do you ever meet those music snobs who tsk-tsk your iPod and tell you that music’s only good when it’s on vinyl? (They are the same folks who tell you that the book was SO MUCH better than the movie.) Well, now the snobs have a new fetish to get all in love with again: cassette tapes. “A tiny but busy tape-based music culture is growing from roots in economic necessity, thrift-store crate-digging and, yes, a pride in being difficult for its own sake,” according to a story in the L.A. Times. Even though many of us hated cassettes when they were all we had, all that rewinding and fast forwarding and flipping over to the other side, there’s a little burst of nostalgia happening in hip music boutiques. Maybe that’s because tapes are tangible. Maybe it’s because they are as dirt cheap as the vintage boom boxes you can play them on. Or maybe we all just want to take a little trip back down memory lane to those mix tape days.
- Does anyone else feel like “One More Song” is the sad-but-inevitable sequel to “Your Side of the Bed”?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- I’ve been listening to @HardyMusic tell this story over and over again. From not having a pot to piss in, to the Qu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- “Things a Man Oughta Know” @laineywilson twitter.com/alisonbonaguro… 1 day ago
- Detoured kind of makes sense, though. Whether it was intentional or not. The path to that stage ain’t always straig… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 🛻🎣🖼🔨❤️💔 Can you guess the country song? 1 day ago
- Acceptance Speech Because of You Beer Before He Cheats Beyonce Blake Shelton Brad Paisley Brooks & Dunn Carrie Underwood CMA Fest CMT Music Awards Concert Del McCoury Dierks Bentley Down the Road Drink Dry Town Faith Hill Fifteen Garth Brooks George Strait Gillian Welch Grand Ole Opry Half of My Heart Hillbilly Bone House of Blues iCarly Incident Jamey Johnson Jamie O'Neal Jason Aldean Jennette McCurdy Jerrod Niemann John Mayer Just A Dream Kanye West Keith Urban Kellie Pickler Kelly Clarkson Kenny Chesney Kid Rock Kix Brooks Lady Antebellum Last Name LeAnn Rimes Lover Lover Love Story Luke Bryan Mac McAnally Martina McBride Mike Fisher Mine Miranda Lambert MT Music Awards MTV VMA Not That Far Away Patsy Cline People Country Pride (In the Name of Love) Rascal Flatts Reba McEntire Roman White Sonia Dada So Small T.I. Taylor Swift The Best Days of Your Life The Way You Love Me Tim McGraw Trace Adkins Twitter U2 Urinating in Cups You Don't Treat Me No Good Zac Brown Band