Nightline now has a segment called Nightline Playlist and they let the person they’re interviewing do all the talking. In this story with Martina McBride, she raves about the music she loves for a good five minutes. She spends the first minute talking about what a career song “Independence Day” was for her and how important it was for her to not record fluffy girl songs or novelty songs. But then she goes on to list what’s at the very top of her playlist from other artists. And they are: “Crazy” by Patsy Cline, “Mad Love” by Linda Ronstadt, “Respect” by Aretha Franklin, “Friends in Low Place” by Garth Brooks and “Somewhere Over the Raindow,” the Eva Cassidy version. “I never get tired of it,” McBride says of the song she sings so well in concert.
- It’s still Sunday, right? So let’s get @Pontifex to 18 mil. https://t.co/wYEnB2qTJL 3 hours ago
- A new ep of #gg2d with some Yaz. Yes, please. @Bravotv 4 hours ago
- Shouldn’t you be holding the flashlight, though? twitter.com/chrisyoungmusi… 10 hours ago
- That would be the OG Redneck Yacht Club. twitter.com/jakeowen/statu… 10 hours ago
- I wish my mom was still alive, so I could wish her a Happy #FathersDay. She was so good at being a mom AND a dad to me and my five siblings. 13 hours ago
- Acceptance Speech Because of You Beer Before He Cheats Beyonce Blake Shelton Brad Paisley Brooks & Dunn Carrie Underwood CMA Fest CMT Music Awards Concert Del McCoury Dierks Bentley Down the Road Drink Dry Town Faith Hill Fifteen Garth Brooks George Strait Gillian Welch Grand Ole Opry Half of My Heart Hillbilly Bone House of Blues iCarly Incident Jamey Johnson Jamie O'Neal Jason Aldean Jennette McCurdy Jerrod Niemann John Mayer Just A Dream Kanye West Keith Urban Kellie Pickler Kelly Clarkson Kenny Chesney Kid Rock Kix Brooks Lady Antebellum Last Name LeAnn Rimes Lover Lover Love Story Luke Bryan Mac McAnally Martina McBride Mike Fisher Mine Miranda Lambert MT Music Awards MTV VMA Not That Far Away Patsy Cline People Country Pride (In the Name of Love) Rascal Flatts Reba McEntire Roman White Sonia Dada So Small T.I. Taylor Swift The Best Days of Your Life The Way You Love Me Tim McGraw Trace Adkins Twitter U2 Urinating in Cups You Don't Treat Me No Good Zac Brown Band