Nightline now has a segment called Nightline Playlist and they let the person they’re interviewing do all the talking. In this story with Martina McBride, she raves about the music she loves for a good five minutes. She spends the first minute talking about what a career song “Independence Day” was for her and how important it was for her to not record fluffy girl songs or novelty songs. But then she goes on to list what’s at the very top of her playlist from other artists. And they are: “Crazy” by Patsy Cline, “Mad Love” by Linda Ronstadt, “Respect” by Aretha Franklin, “Friends in Low Place” by Garth Brooks and “Somewhere Over the Raindow,” the Eva Cassidy version. “I never get tired of it,” McBride says of the song she sings so well in concert.
- Hope you didn’t have to go noodling for that guy. 😉 twitter.com/blakeshelton/s… 10 hours ago
- RT @kelleighbannen: Thank you @HollerCountry ⚡️ 1 day ago
- RT @TheTimMcGraw: When we started dreaming up this project….we went in and recorded over 20 songs. So we’re gonna give you more! #HereOnE… 1 day ago
- RT @CasaRosaNash: 🚨 WE’RE HIRING 🚨 Come to our in-person casting call in April 19 & 20 to interview with hiring managers. Can’t wait to mee… 1 day ago
- RT @EXIT_IN: GOAL REACHED! THANK YOU for the support! Every dollar raised will go towards our bid to purchase the property - the higher the… 1 day ago
- Acceptance Speech Because of You Beer Before He Cheats Beyonce Blake Shelton Brad Paisley Brooks & Dunn Carrie Underwood CMA Fest CMT Music Awards Concert Del McCoury Dierks Bentley Down the Road Drink Dry Town Faith Hill Fifteen Garth Brooks George Strait Gillian Welch Grand Ole Opry Half of My Heart Hillbilly Bone House of Blues iCarly Incident Jamey Johnson Jamie O'Neal Jason Aldean Jennette McCurdy Jerrod Niemann John Mayer Just A Dream Kanye West Keith Urban Kellie Pickler Kelly Clarkson Kenny Chesney Kid Rock Kix Brooks Lady Antebellum Last Name LeAnn Rimes Lover Lover Love Story Luke Bryan Mac McAnally Martina McBride Mike Fisher Mine Miranda Lambert MT Music Awards MTV VMA Not That Far Away Patsy Cline People Country Pride (In the Name of Love) Rascal Flatts Reba McEntire Roman White Sonia Dada So Small T.I. Taylor Swift The Best Days of Your Life The Way You Love Me Tim McGraw Trace Adkins Twitter U2 Urinating in Cups You Don't Treat Me No Good Zac Brown Band